This financial services strategy consulting case study shows how we delivered superior value to the client. Through interviews, mentoring and town hall meetings with the management group (43) of the organization, the team was prepared to participate in a strategic thinking workshop that produced more aggressive strategy that everyone understood and was excited about. This led to creating a more vibrant and strategically focused organization.
Financial services strategy consulting case study
For the CEO, strategy is all about culture. Create the right culture and better strategies will emerge. The core strategy was in place but it was too implicit and needed explicit definition to gain understanding and commitment.
Since the organization had lived through a previous “command and control” regime, it was essential to address the cultural issue before the strategic issue.
Our consultants have served leading organizations like Royal Bank of Canada, Bank of Canada, ABN AMRO Bank, Liberty Life Insurance and several other clients in Canada. Our strategy consultant, Robert Coffey, was Senior Vice-President, Commercial Lending at ABN AMRO Bank Canada. Our European experience includes work for Swiss Bank Corporation, Provident Mutual and Legal & General. Learn more about our services.
Regulatory compliance: As a result of Sarbanes-Oxley and new regulations expected from Canadian-based bodies, it is clear that many organizations need help implementing new controls and processes to ensure compliance with public expectations and the law. Examples of management imperatives include disclosure requirements, documentation of current processes, development of internal accountability/certification frameworks and risk assessments to identify gaps in operating controls and procedures. Arcus helps organizations understand and track changes in regulations with timely and highly customized research, based on specific desired outcomes and requirements.
Consumer & Small Business Banking: The retail financial services market include a highly diverse set of players and business models- from customer acquisition to capital markets activities. We provide growth, organization and operations related strategic advisory services to banks, finance companies, and specialist providers who compete across credit and wealth spectrums, utilize numerous distribution channel.
Corporate & Investment Banking: The redesign of the strategy of CIB players requires a reliance on proven practices that includes a search for value added products and services, a client centric engagement model and superior integration of a range of services across businesses.
Life & Wealth Management: Our work for life insurers, private banks, brokerages and asset managers is focused on strategic consulting assignments to help companies resolve high-impact wealth management decisions. We help our clients with the integration of business, customer and technology strategies in context of critical issues for tangible results.
Marketing & Distribution: Arcus helps a range of financial services organizations with —including retail banks, life and retirement companies,and consumer finance companies with growth strategies for sustainable long-term shareholder value.
Organization and change management: Our change models deliver transformative change in leadership, human capital performance, and organizational design.
Property & Casualty Insurance: We work with clients on critical issues and have a deep knowledge of product strategies, market and profit drivers and trends impacting the insurance industry.
About Us: Client Successes
Below is a sample of the range of services that Arcus has provided to clients. Please contact Arcus for case studies and to discuss how we can help you.
Review a sample of our client successes.
- Arcus’ Financial Services Practice serves a wide variety of clients in commercial banking, investment banking/brokerage, asset management, consumer finance, securities, insurance, and diversified financial services.
- We work on the key challenges our clients face today: from growth and industry consolidation to operational efficiency and risk management. Our consultants draw upon years of direct, front-line experience in a full range of industries. From Energy to Insurance, we help clients harness change and boost performance.
- Arcus financial services management consultants have a unique commitment to innovation, responsiveness and delivery. Market consolidation and volatility, competitive pressures, globalization and new technology are all driving structural shifts in the financial services sector.
- Financial institutions increasingly compete on a single global stage and transact business outside traditional core markets. More than ever before, in order to succeed, it is critical for insurers, banks and securities firms to adopt strategies that distinguish them and enable them to meet customer needs.
Industry specific needs:
- Whether business-to-business or business-to-consumer, local, national, or global, Arcus’ Financial Services practice understands your industry-specific needs and offers educated insights that address your business issues.
- Our dedicated financial services consultants provide customized design and analytic expertise for challenges such as branding, customer relationship management, new product development and optimization, and channel strategies. AG’s research specialists also offer a suite of syndicated studies specific to your industry and tailored to quickly and astutely answer your financial services research requirements.
- Arcus’ professional team of financial services experts have experience managing complex strategic challenges on behalf of major financial services organizations, and with banking and lending, credit cards, investment and brokerage, insurance, and e-commerce companies.
- We partner with you to help you navigate the changing financial services landscape and succeed.
Find out more about us. We invite you to learn more about us by exploring the links to the left. Email us for more information.