Arcus offers advisory services and expertise on the business impact of climate change to several leading organizations. We are striving to increase understanding and adoption of low carbon and sustainable practices. Over the past year, Arcus helped over 20 companies in the area of sustainability practices, low carbon strategies and customer engagement.
Global Reporting Initiative Services – the world’s most widely used sustainability reporting framework. Learn more.
Deep experience and expertise
We have extensive experience in issues related to sustainable practices and carbon and related cost abatement strategies, carbon regulation, emissions control and asset valuations. Our proprietary Arcus Sustainability Risk Matrix helps clients to understand their performance vs. a benchmark of over 2000 companies. The Risk Matrix enables companies to take better decisions linked shareholder value, revenue, growth, employee morale and customer satisfaction. It allows clients to leverage new growth opportunities. Our knowledge and insight development of major renewable energy sources from biofuels to geothermal enables us to identify opportunities and provide in-depth perspectives for industries like energy, retail and manufacturing.
We help clients evaluate and manage their exposure to risks associated with climate change and related regulatory and market environments. Our approach is to develop long term strategies to address challenges and opportunities that impact growth, organization and operations. We are also helping optimize their internal processes, reduce carbon footprints and manufacturing processes related to products and services.
Our services include client successes in the following areas:
Regulatory environment – Our research with 1,200 business leaders confirms that the regulatory environment and related complexities are a significant concern. Developing scenarios on future carbon regulation and carbon prices, rent shifts in the value chain, stakeholder impact and the appropriate strategic response.
Sustainable business practices – Develop low carbon business practices that have a significant impact on revenue, costs and consumer demand.
Optimize supply chain– Our assessment tools enable clients to benchmark their supply chain carbon footprint and optimize key components of their operations.
Improve Energy Efficiencies – Helping a major city to achieve emission reduction targets for buildings despite increasing demand for energy and growing emissions
Sustainability Risk Management – Our Sustainability Risk Management services are aimed at helping our clients evaluate companies across these criteria to better understand which companies are doing a better job than their peers at incorporating these issues into the broader governance of the organization.
Carbon trading – Conducting due diligences for low-/high-carbon targets, including the assessment of strategic options for benefiting from carbon trading opportunities and the development of emission certificate trading strategies. Setting up a trading unit for a major utility
Corporate sustainability strategy – Our evaluation tools give clients a high level of transparency in their operations and opportunities to identify high cost areas related potential sustainable practices. Outcomes include lower carbon footprints, higher employee morale and stronger corporate sustainability “green” reputations.
Industry knowledge and functional expertise
Our industry and sustainable practice knowledge coupled with functional expertise helps our clients understand issues and opportunities quickly and device practical strategies that lead to tangible results. We have conducted over 10 leading studies of consumer and business attitudes and action across several industries. These studies are available to our clients to help manage challenges more effectively.
- Learn about the carbon market and trends
- Benchmark your organizations risk profile against 2000 other organizations
- Create a customized carbon reduction strategy
- Arcus Green Business Report: Only 17% of consumers are willing to pay a premium for green products and services.
- Business Implications of Climate Change
- A survey of 1,200 business leaders on economic, environmental, and social performance.
- Environmental Policy Development:
• Strategy for environmental consciousness and a set of obtainable goals
- Waste Reduction Measures:
• Waste Assessments, Reduction Plans, Sourcing Recycling Markets… finding solutions.
• Regulatory framework, City By-laws, Provincial Regulations, News updates
• Local Contacts, Sourcing and Price Quotations on waste related matters.
- Environmental Assessments:
• Full facility Review
• Analysis of Packaging and Materials
• Written Assessment and Consultation
- Water & Energy Efficiency:
• Water and Energy reduction assistance, general recommendations and helpful advice
• Referrals and/or Negotiations with Service Suppliers
• Critique of Proposals and/or Project Management for Renovations
• Cost/Benefit Analysis
- Marketing & Communications:
• Analysis and Advice for reaching environmentally concerned consumers
• Ideas for materials for internal or external awareness building
• Ideas for incentive programs, capturing media attention and gaining internet presence
• Writing inserts for internal newsletter to promote staff awareness
- Green Procurement:
• Education about Eco-labels, Certifications and establishing Green Buying Criteria
• Sourcing and/or Cost Analysis of any Environmental Products or Services
• Brokering and/or Supply of “Green” Products
- Consultations, Training and Implementation
- Developing, Assisting and/or Chairing Environmental Committee Meetings
- Providing answers or directions to questions, problems and set-backs
- Defining priorities, goals, time frames and organizational structure to measure progress and returns
- Defining measures needed to fulfill expectations and delegating roles & responsibilities Custom Quote Available Upon Request