The key to our consulting services is our ability to integrate our know-how in functional areas with our deep industry knowledge. Click on the strategy models below to learn more.
- Model One – “Basic” Strategic Planning
- Model Two – Issue-Based (or Goal-Based) Planning
- Model Three – Alignment Model
- Model Four – Scenario Planning
- Model Five – “Organic” (or Self-Organizing) Planning
Organizations that begin with the “basic” planning approach described above, often evolve to using this more comprehensive and more effective type of planning. The following table depicts a rather straightforward view of this type of planning process.
Summary of Issue-Based (or Goal-Based) Strategic Planning
- External/internal assessment to identify Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats
- Strategic analysis to identify and prioritize major issues/goals
- Design major strategies (or programs) to address issues/goals
- Design/update vision, mission and values
- Establish action plans
- Record issues, goals, strategies/programs, mission and vision, and action plans.
- Develop the yearly Operating Plan document (from year one of the multi-year strategic plan)
- Develop and authorize Budget for year one(allocation of funds needed to fund year one)
- Conduct the organization’s year-one operations
- Monitor/review/evaluate/update Strategic Plan document
Balanced Score Card
Strategy is all About Implementation. The Arcus approach is all about Implementation. A Balanced Scorecard can only have value if it is linked to the organizations Strategic Direction. Read more.
- Boost current revenue streams.
- Mine current services for new revenue opportunities.
- Develop new services with revenue-building potential.
- Cultivate new sources of revenue.
- Reverse losses.
- Enhance the ratio of revenue to cost.
- Reallocate resources.
- Invest in key programs and people.
- Streamline operations
- Create volume-building programs.
- Drive up customer satisfaction.
- Secure funding for winning programs.
Find out your company’s performance against a benchmark of 500 of North America’s most successful companies. Contact us for an evaluation of your corporate strategy and an ROI audit.