Pay equity refers to the principle that individuals who perform work of equal value should receive equal pay, regardless of their gender, race, or other characteristics. In Canada, pay equity laws and policies are intended to ensure that men and women receive equal pay for work of equal value.
Federal Pay Equity Act
The Federal Pay Equity Act applies to employers in the federal public sector and private sector organizations under federal jurisdiction. The provinces and territories have their own pay equity laws and regulations.
The Pay Equity Commission is responsible for enforcing the Pay Equity Act in the Federal jurisdiction. Each Province and Territories has their own enforcement agency.
In recent years, there have been efforts to strengthen pay equity laws and regulations in Canada, with a focus on increasing transparency and accountability for employers. Some provinces have also introduced legislation to proactively close the wage gap by requiring employers to conduct pay equity audits and submit reports to the government.
The wage gap between men and women in Canada still exists, and it is more pronounced for women from marginalized communities. Efforts are being taken to close the wage gap by increasing transparency, accountability and proactive measures.
Learn more about our Pay equity services->
Arcus offers clients a unique combination of fact-based industry knowledge and superior functional expertise. Our consultants have an average of over 22 years experience, twice the industry average. Find out more about our growth, change management and operations services. At Arcus we believe that a strategy is only as good as the results it delivers. Strategic outcomes are most predictable and effective when companies develop a portfolio of initiatives that are aligned with core competencies and aligned activities enable the company to offer a superior value proposition. Please contact Arcus for case studies and to discuss how we can help you.
The variety, breadth, and depth of the projects where Arcus can be a resource are made unique by each client’s specific needs. By providing a very small sample of projects we’ve completed, we can help you understand how and when to use our services. Visit the links below to find out more about a specific problem or opportunity you would like to address.
Below is a sample of the range of services that Arcus has provided to clients.
- A survey of 2,350 consumers and 1,320 business leaders for feedback on sustainability trends
- Architecting a multi-year change strategy for a Fortune 500 company
- Mentoring a CEO on organizational change
- Excellence transformation of a leading B2B services company
- Creating a new sales deployment model for a healthcare company
- Developing a position evaluation and compensation model for a professional medical association
- Improving services to customer segments by deepening their understanding of customer attitudes
“Arcus manages to consistently deliver tangible results on market research and strategy projects. They combine deep business expertise, powerful research capabilities, and innovative thinking to deliver substantial value.”
– Vice President, Nikon
Arcus has been quoted extensively in media on a range of topics and can offer research studies, insights and ideas. Here are some examples from the Globe and Mail, CTV, Global TV and others.
- Nordstrom countdown to opening begins – Toronto Star
- No lineups outside stores in five years – BNN
- Black Friday retail, marketing, and cross-border shopping trends – BNN
- Does global expansion need a local flavour? – Globe and Mail
- Art of the Pitch – Protect company’s interests when approaching giants – Globe and Mail
- Off-the-shelf technology or a custom design? – Globe and Mail
- Amazons Sortation Centers in Canada – London Free Press